CHAMPAIGN — Shortly after he arrived at work last Monday morning at 5:30 a.m., St. Thomas More maintenance worker Melvin Peete stepped outside to take out a bag of garbage when he noticed smoke billowing out of the 21-year-old utility van he’d purchased from the school the previous year.
“I just thought it was steam,” he said, “but when I got closer, I said, ‘The van is on fire. What’s going on?’ I just ran in to get the fire extinguisher to try to put it out. Then by the time we went in to get the third one, it just went, ‘Whoosh.’
To read the entire article, please click on the link: https://tinyurl.com/2ym5cam4