This Friday, April 1, 2022, educators who hold a renewable license with an expiration date of 06/30/2022 can log into their ELIS account to begin the renewal process. To help in this process, we have a quick link on the main page of our website for License Renewal. This page will link you to the helpful step-by-step directions and how-to videos that will walk you through the process.
1. Begin by logging into your ELIS account.
- If you do not remember your username or password, you can begin by requesting this information here.
- If you cannot remember the answer to your security question, or you no longer have access to your email address on file is not a current email address, you will need to contact the Help Desk at ISBE. They can reset your password, and help to update your login (IWAS) email address.
2. Click on the Renewals link in the Action Center box on the Homepage of your ELIS account.
- If you cannot click on the link, please make sure you have met your Professional Development requirement (PD hours or Administrator Academies) or that your PD/Employment Status is correct.
- Read through the FAQ: 2022 License Renewal document to see if your question has been answered.
3. Complete the steps in the Wizard. You can verify that your license has been renewed by checking the renewal date on the Credential page in your ELIS account. The renewal date should show as 06/30/2027.
- You will pay your renewal fees online with a debit or credit card
Did you renew your license and receive an email reminder to renew? See step 3 above to check that your expiration date is 06/30/2027. Renewal reminders are being sent out in waves based on the first initial of your last name. The schedule of renewal reminders is on the last page of the FAQ: 2022 License Renewal document. If your expiration date is correct you do not need to do anything. Simply ignore the renewal reminder.
Will you retire at the end of the 2021-2022 school year? Find helpful information here on our website.