Assistant Principal/Dean of Students
The Assistant Principal/Dean of Students works closely with the Principal to ensure a safe academic environment for all students and staff. The Dean of Students forms positive relationships with students giving praise as well as addressing student concerns in the school. The Dean also is responsible for the discipline of students regarding in school or extracurricular behavior. The Dean of Students also works with teachers in regards to curriculum and professional development, and the coordinator for academic success to ensure students have the resources to complete their work.
Minimum of a Masters’ Degree required for employment. Interested applicants should visit the diocesan website and/or email Sr. M. Bridget at email@example.com.
- Faith & Spiritual Leadership
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school
- Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Supports and adheres to the Code of Conduct and policies and procedures of the school and Diocese of Peoria
- Professional Leadership
- Supports preparation and maintenance of handbooks
- Issues student work permits
- Works with Principal to provide the faculty with in-service training at regular faculty meetings and on special in-service days
- Designs and implements a teacher supervision and evaluation plan
- Works with struggling or ineffective teachers and offers guidance and expectations
- Student Leadership
- Enforces attendance policies and inform the Principal of concerns; student tardiness, absences, and academic probation
- Develops, implements and administers policies to affect positive student behavior in the school and school related activities
- Maintains accurate records of disciplinary actions.
- Is responsible for the articulation, interpretation, and administration of school policies and procedures affecting student conduct.
- Assists in the guidance and counseling to students, parents, and teachers on problems relating to student behavior and/or school climate.
- Notifies the principal of all suspensions; notifies the attendance officer, student's counselor and teachers of a suspension. Notifies parents in writing, of matters regarding suspensions, dismissals, and probation. Notifies parents of the convening of the disciplinary committee to review the student' infraction of rules.
- Runs weekly eligibility checks for athletics and extracurriculars
- Supervises events throughout the year [Athletics and Extracurricular]
- Communicates with Principal and Chaplain regarding student issues