Do you have a license that will expire on June 30, 2023? Starting Saturday, April 1, 2023, you will be able to log in and renew.
ISBE has updated the guides to help you through the process. You can find them here on the ISBE website or simply click on the links below.
- How to Renew a Professional Educator License
- How to Renew a Substitute Teaching License
- How to Renew an Educator License with Stipulations Endorsed for Paraprofessional (Teacher’s Aide)
- How to Renew an Educator License with Stipulations Endorsed for Career and Technical Education
- How to Renew an Educator License with Stipulations Endorsed for Chief School Business Official
- Professional Development Requirements
- License Renewal Q&A
Trouble Shooting Tips:
If you are having issues with renewal please refer to these Helpful Troubleshooting Tips:
Use a Desktop or laptop computer. Phones and tablets are NOT compatible.
Try a different browser: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc. Safari does NOT work well with ELIS.
If your Renewal button is not active to click, please check the following:
Professional Development Hours Remaining are listed as 0. If not, please enter any remaining PD hours.
- Add Professional Development Tutorial
Your Employment/PD status is correct.
- Update My Employment/PD Status Tutorial
Check to make sure you have satisfied your Administrator Academy requirements
If you receive an Error Message please email me a Screenshot of the Error.
After receiving an error you can clear the browsing history and try again.
If you paid the renewal fees and received a receipt, but the account does not reflect the payment, DO NOT pay again. Send me an email with your name as it appears in ELIS and your IEIN number. I will check the Error Fee report. If you appear on this report the account has been flagged to be corrected.
Try logging into your ELIS account at a slower time of the day.